The Chinese restaurant is a safe bet for those looking for a good meal in Mauritius . Heirs of an old gastronomy , Mauritians with chinese origins perform a fine cuisine and authentic chineses recipes.
Reading the menu, you may feel a little lost … Here’s our advices – our list of five chinese dishes to try :
– Dim sum, dumplings and sao mai : cooked balls of dough, they contain meat, fish or vegetables.
– Pekin duck , the genuine one ! Roasted duck cut into thin slices, accompanied with rice pancakes, vegetables sticks (carrots, cucumber … ) and plum sauce .
– Shrimp Foo yang – beaten eggs , shrimps and vegetables.
– Chop suey vegetables – fried and crunchy vegetables with a sauce full of flavors .
– “Ourites au safran” which is saffron octopus because it is an irreplaceable and incomparable recipe.
Where to go ? The restaurants we have selected for you are :
North : Palais de Chine, Royal Road, Grand Baie, Mauritius . Tel: (230) 2637120
Port Louis : Great Ocean, Caudan Waterfront , Port Louis, Mauritius . Tel: (230) 211 8357
West : Ah youn, Royal Road, Flic en Flac, Mauritius. tel: (230) 4539099
Center : King Dragon, route Saint Jean,Quatre Bornes, Mauritius . Tel: (230) 424 7888