They are “Digital Nomads” in Mauritius, will you join them?
What is a Digital Nomad? Digital Nomads are people who can work from any location in the world with the help of a simple internet connection.
Their job, based on the use of digital tools, allow them to keep in touch with their professional environment despite the distance. Because of the digitalisation of the economy, Digital Nomads are each year more and more numerous. They often work as freelance in areas such as web development, digital content creation or web-marketing. If they have different profiles, they all chose to combine business, adventure and leisure to travel the world and regularly change their living environment. They get information about their future destinations using websites like Nomadlist.io Nomadlist and discuss online on Nomadforum.io to identify the most welcoming places: and they appreciate much Mauritius.
These visitors, fans of “slow travel”, settle down a few months to discover more about the island because a holiday stay is often too short!
Here are the main reasons Mauritius is a Paradise for Digital Nomads:
– A political stability and democratic government
– An advanced Internet network with broadband on fibre 30M
– A very small time difference with Europe allowing to work in symbiosis with clients or colleagues who would be on the old continent
– A reasonable cost of living
– A mild weather all year round
– A lagoon protected by a coral reef preserved for a wide variety of sports activities such as scuba diving or kite surfing
– Traditions and a culinary art that are the product of the mix of many cultures
– Nightlife in Grand Baie
Tax advantages which makes Mauritius a paradise for entrepreneurs … the island is one of 10 countries in the world which have the lower tax rates
So you too are looking at airline tickets to Mauritius? Remember to register for the Global DNX , the first conference on the Digital Nomads subject in Berlin.