One can easily understand, regarding Mauritius history, that the villages and places are sometimes in French, English, Créole or Hindu. From time to time there are coincidences that are funny.
In the North lays a village named Goodlands and one can also find another place calls Bonne Terre, which means “good land” in French… There is also a place called Terre Rouge (red earth) and a village named Lallmatie which means exactly the same in Hindu.
Do you know such similar names but in different languages among Mauritius villages?
- Top 10 of the best restaurant in Mauritius
- Summer is coming, it’s time to book your house on the coast!
- The 2017-2018 cyclone season begins and Meteo France has a surprise for the Mauritians!
- Climb Le Morne
- Mauritius in the Top 10 countries to visit in 2018
- Tropique de la violence
- Tell your French friends they can go to Mauritius easily !
- Winter is here